- The Colorado Avalanche beat the San Jose Sharks, 2-1, at HP Pavilion.
- The Phoenix Coyotes beat the Detroit Red Wings, 3-2, at Jobing.com Arena.
Three Stars for the Night
✩ - Craig Anderson, goalie, Colorado; Anderson, who has had a fantastic season, but had poor play of late, kept the offensive-powerhouse San Jose Sharks at bay with a .962 save percentage. This is very good for Colorado.
✩✩ - Ilya Bryzgalov, goalie, Phoenix;
lead the Coyotes to their first playoff spot in years with his Vezina-worthy play, and shows no signs of slowing down. He could very well steal this series for Phoenix.
✩✩✩ - Derek Morris, defenseman, Phoenix; Morris finished the regular season with 4 goals and 25 assists in 76 goals. He had a goal and two assists last night. Nice.
Two Frowny Faces for the Night
☹ - Rob Blake, defenseman, San Jose; Rob Blake had the game-winning goal, by Colorado, deflect off his skate. With 50 seconds left in the game. Hence, the #1 frowny face for the night.
☹☹ - Detroit Red Wings PK; The Phoenix Coyotes had 4 powerplay opportunities. They converted on three, and won the game 3-2. A 25% PK will not get you anywhere in the post season.
- Sharks (1) vs. Avalanche (8); 1-0 Avalanche.
- Blackhawks (2) vs. Predators (7); 0-0 tie.
- Canucks (3) vs. Kings (6); 0-0 tie.
- Coyotes (4) vs. Red Wings (5); 1-0 Coyotes.
Follow Musings of a Caps Fan on Twitter: @musings_scoresFollow Musings of a Caps Fan on Twitter: @musings_scores