- The Montreal Canadiens beat the Washington Capitals, 3-2 OT, at Verizon Center.
- The Buffalo Sabres beat the Boston Bruins, 2-1, at HSBC Arena.
✩ - Ryan Miller, goalie, Buffalo; Tonight was Miller time in Buffalo; .974 for the save percentage, 'nuff said.
✩✩ - Jaroslav Halak, goalie, Montreal; Client Jaroslav Halak held off the Caps tonight, including some saves that were pure robbery. Pirate! .957 for the save percentage.
✩✩✩ - Tuukka Rask, goalie, Boston; Rask managed to hold down the crease for Boston, but Miller was better. .938 for the save percentage.
✩✩✩✩ - Jose Theodore, goalie, Washington; Tonight's loss was in no way Theodore's fault; incredibly, Washington's offense let down the goaltending. .921 save percentage.
Two Frowny Faces for the Night
☹ - Alexander Ovechkin, forward, Washington; No shots on goal. NOT A SINGLE SHOT ON JAROSLAV HALAK THE ENTIRE NIGHT.
☹☹ - Tomas Plekanec, forward, Montreal; Not BAD per se, but annoying. Insults Jose Theodore and the Caps' goaltending, and still goes on a scores the OT game winner.
- Capitals (1) vs. Canadiens (8); 1-0 Canadiens.
- Devils (2) vs. Flyers (7); 1-0 Flyers.
- Sabres (3) vs. Bruins (6); 1-0 Sabres.
- Penguins (4) vs. Senators (5); 1-0 Senators.