(Photo from Yahoo)
Some updates & thoughts;
- Alexander Ovechkin will not win either the Maurice "Rocket" Richard or the Art Ross trophies this year.e
- Henrik Sedin of the Vancouver Canucks will take the Art Ross with 112 points. Sidney Crosby, of the Pittsburgh Penguins, and Steven Stamkos, of the Tampa Bay Lightning, will share the Rocket Richard, both with 51 goals.
- One again, Mike Green will finish as the highest scoring defenseman, with the most points, goals, and assists. It would be a shame to see him lose the Norris Trophy voting again.
- Alexander Ovechkin and Alexander Semin are the highest-scoring team mates in the NHL this season (in goals). They are also the highest scoring Russian team mates of ever.
- Jeff Schultz finished with the highest +/- rating of any player this season; he had an astounding +50 rating, including a +/- of +11 in the final 3 games.
- The first four games in the 1st round series between the Washington Capitals and the Montreal Canadiens will take place on the following dates:
- With 313 goals this season, the Caps become the highest-scoring NHL team since the 1992-1993 Pittsburgh Penguins. They just happened to win a Stanley Cup that year... their first.
- This is the first time the Caps and Habs have faced in the playoffs. The last time the Caps played a Canadian team in the first round was 1998... when they went to the Stanley Cup finals.
- ESPN's preview of Caps-Habs... they think the Caps'll win, by the way.
- Another article about the Caps/Habs matchup, this time from Japer's Rink.
- Some epic weekend articles on Alex Ovechkin; "Alex Ovechkin won't change his need for speed." from the Washington Post, and Alex Ovechkin, the Mad Russian from the NY Times.