Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Suspended… continued (Editorial)

I have dug up a couple more YouTube videos of ugly hits… watch them.

Steve Downie has a nasty hit on Sidney Crosby, no suspension.

Mike Richards, Captain of the Philadelphia Flyers, destroys David Booth (Florida) in a huge hit…. that resulted in Booth missing a huge part of the season and Mike Richards NOT GETTING SUSPENDED AT ALL!!!

Tell me that the hit on Brian Cambell by Alexander Ovechkin was worse than all of the other ones I have shown here. Try to claim that; please, I’d love to hear some reason why it is.

To me, Ovechkin’s hit might have been iffy…. but at least suspend players for similar, if not worse hits! Justice only really works when it is consistent.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. the steve downie should have been suspension of a couple games no doubt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed that not of these other hits merited a suspension.... I
    can maybe see the Ovechkin hit as boarding, but that's a bit of a stretch. There has to be something they can do to penalize hits like Richards' or Dowie's; hits to the head are incredibly dangerous and should be severly punished.

    ReplyDelete