(Photo from Yahoo)
|- The Vancouver Canucks beat the Anaheim Ducks, 4-1. Daniel & Henrik Sedin combined for 1 goal and 5 assists. Henrik Sedin is now 1 point ahead of Alexander Ovechkin for the NHL points lead. |
- The Colorado Avalanche beat the Los Angeles Kings, 4-3 in the shootout.
- The Detroit Red Wings beat the St. Louis Blues, 4-2. I think nobody out west wants to play Detroit come playoff time.
- The New York Rangers destroyed the New York Islanders, 5-0, during the first 3D game broadcast from Madison Square Garden.
- The Buffalo Sabres came back late and beat the Montreal Canadiens 3-2 in the shootout.
- Finally, the Washington Capitals beat the Pittsburgh Penguins, 4-3 in the shootout with a goal in the fourth round by Mike Knuble.
In other news….
|- Look at that! Detroit is only 3 points back from the 5th seed in the Western Conference…. the playoffs in the west could become very interesting. |
- Meanwhile, the Capitals are a win and a NJ loss (both of which could happen tonight) away from clinching the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference…. before any other teams have even clinched a playoff spot.
- In case you didn’t know, Jose Theodore is doing very well. Not only is his 19 game run without a regulation loss (17-0-2) a franchise record, but apparently it is the best run by any goalie in the NHL in ten years. Theodore has proved himself and more.
That’s all for now; PreCAP of tonight’s game in a bit, remember to tune in at 7:00PM to watch the Caps play the ‘Canes for the final time this season! Check local listings, at least in DC it’ll be on CSN Washington. Enjoy!
Follow Musings of a Caps Fan on Twitter: @musings_scores