(Photo from Yahoo)
|- The Edmonton Oilers beat the Vancouver Canucks, 3-2, with their third straight win. Repeat: The Edmonton Oilers beat the Vancouver Canucks, 3-2, with their third straight win. The two teams that lost to Edmonton before that? Detroit and San Jose. Impressive, Edmonton, impressive. |
- The Chicago Blackhawks beat the Phoenix Coyotes, 2-0, increasing their lead for the #1 seed in the west.
- Meanwhile, the San Jose Sharks ended their 6-game loosing streak with a 4-1 win over Minnesota.
- The New Jersey Devils rolled the Columbus Blue Jackets, 6-3, to reclaim the Atlantic Division lead.
- The Calgary Flames beat the Anaheim Ducks, 3-1, in their efforts to make the playoffs.
- The Florida Panthers beat the Toronto Maple Leafs, 4-1.
- The Boston Bruins shut out the Atlanta Thrashers, 4-0, as they keep the 8th seed in the east.
- The Ottawa Senator beat the Philadelphia Flyers, 2-0, Brian Elliott with his second straight shut out. Ottawa is the fifth seed in the east.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning needed OT to beat the Carolina Hurricanes, 3-2.
- Finally, the Dallas Stars beat the Nashville Predators, 3-1.
In other news….
|- A DC area chiropractor was arrested due to dealing steroids… the Capitals have occasionally visited said chiropractor but there is no evidence that any of the Caps are or have taken steroids. |
- Brooks Laich got hit in the face with a puck shot by John Carlson that bounced of the crossbar. Laich will most likely be back Sunday.
Remember to watch the Capitals play the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight, at Verizon Center, starting at 7:00 PM.