(Photo from ESPN)
|- The Washington Capitals lost to the Carolina Hurricanes, 4-3 OT. |
- Chicago Blackhawks roll on without Seabrook or Cambell and shut out the LA Kings, 3-0.
- SJ Sharks lose to the Vancouver Canucks, 3-2, as the battle for the #1 seed in the Western Conference starts to heat up.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Boston Bruins with their, embarrassingly, first shutout of the season. The Pens become the last team to get their first shutout. Meanwhile, Shawn Thornton of the Bruins destroyed Matt Cooke in a fight, retaliating against the season-ending hit on Marc Savard that Matt Cooke had the last time these two teams played.
- The NJ Devils lost 2-1 to Toronto in the shootout, playing without Martin Broduer in net. He had a day off, and the Devils cannot win without him.
- The Buffalo Sabres dismantled the Tampa Bay Lightning, 6-2.
- The NY Rangers lost to the St. Louis Blues, 4-3.
- The Atlanta Thrashers beat the Ottawa Senators, 6-3,
- The Phoenix Coyotes set a franchise season-win record with a 4-3 SO win over the Florida Panthers.
- The Nashville Predators blank the Minnesota Wild, 5-0.
- Finally, the Philadelphia Flyers beat the Dallas Stars, 3-2.