(Photo from Yahoo)Tonight's Scores
- The Washington Capitals lost 3-2 to the Tampa Bay Lightning, in their first game after clinching the Southeast Division. However, the penalty kill was 100% and the powerplay was 50%, and Semyon Varlamov is definitely improving.
- The NJ Devils dropped the Pens 3-1. Kovalchuk broke out of his scoring slump in the win. Sadly, Sidney Crosby scored the only Penguins goal, regaining the goal-scoring lead.
- The Minnesota Wild held of the Buffalo Sabres and won 3-2.
- The NY Rangers beat the Atlanta Thrashers, now 3rd in the Southeast Division, 5-2. The Rangers had a 3 goal 1st period.
- The LA Kings managed to beat the Dallas Stars, 2-1, in the shootout. Dallas will have to start winning more if they even want a chance at a playoff spot.
- The Nashville Predators beat the Anaheim Ducks, 1-0. Pekka Rinne had his 11th shutout in his 100th NHL game, and the Predators keep themselves in the playoff bubble.
In Other News
- While they did lose to the Lightning, the Capitals managed to hold Steven Stamkos without a single point.
Remember to tune in to NBC on March 14th (This Sunday) to watch the Chicago Blackhawks take on the Washington Capitals in a possible Stanley Cup Finals preview! It will definitely be very exciting!